010 Zoning Compliance

We received our residential zoning approval back in March. The building was previously zoned "MO" or "Mixed Use", which unfortunately did not mean commercial / residential zoning. We made a visit the zoning office in Pawtucket to describe our project and apply for residential zoning. The fire marshalls walked through the building and we applied for the residential zoning soon thereafter. The folks down at city hall were again super friendly and helpful. The zoning variance we received was based on my work as a book collector. The studio I run makes books, but could not be considered my "work" in regards to a "live/work" situation because we have employees, the live/work zoning variance is for an artist with one or maybe two assistants, not someone with a staff of employees. However, we got around that by using my book collection (and other collectibles, I collect polar exploration memorabilia) as the basis for my work. So I "live" in the loft and my "work" is related to book collecting. A creative and appropriate solution and everyone's happy. And my wife says finally my obsessive collecting has paid off.

0 Responses to “010 Zoning Compliance”

Post a Comment