012 Surprises In The Dumpster

I arrived at the building this morning and found a homeless person in our 30 yard roll-away dumpster looking for recyclable materials. At first I asked him to leave, but we talked a bit and he helped me get an air conditioner into the dumpster which I couldn't do on my own and I gave him a pile of tangled electrical wires which filled up his shopping cart until it looked like it would either tip over or run away from him. I was surprised to see how much stuff he took, electrical boxes, the ballasts from fluorescent light fixtures, phone cords, even the filter from an air conditioner. Better than going to the dump I suppose. He said his name was "Ry... like the bread". "What kind of bread?" I asked, and I got a laugh out of him. Above is a mosaic of the space now that one of the large walls has been removed.

0 Responses to “012 Surprises In The Dumpster”

Post a Comment